A rare opportunity to combine lifestyle and career within dental radiography is currently available for a qualified Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) here in the Dunedin School of Dentistry. With a top ranking in research amongst New Zealand's universities, you can be confident you will have access to leading edge technology, excellent facilities and demonstrated leadership in best practice.
The University is firmly committed to growing the Faculty with investment in a new state-of-the-art building and facilities plus ongoing plans for further outreach development and increased student enrolment. The Radiography Department will relocate to the new Clinical Service Build housing a comprehensive dento-maxillo-facial digital x-ray facility this year.
This is a unique opportunity to gain expertise and training in dento-maxillo-facial imaging here in New Zealand, as gaining expertise and teaching in these techniques and facilities are not offered anywhere else nationwide. Applications are invited from experienced MRTs as well as new graduate MRTs.
Key tasks include:
· Gaining expertise and providing the full scope of dental and maxillofacial radiography imaging techniques.
· Advising clinicians on the appropriateness of various radiographic techniques so that patient management is optimised.
· In the short term, until relocation to the new Clinical Services Building, preparing processing chemicals and ensuring that all darkrooms and x-ray processors are fit for purpose.
Your Skills and Experience
· Be a qualified MRT registered with the NZ Medical Radiation Technologist's Board (MRTB) or with the ability to have your experience and qualifications registered in New Zealand.
· Ideally, have dental experience but this is not a prerequisite.
· Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
· Have strong people skills with the ability to teach and assist students and staff.
· Possess the ability to relate to patients and provide a high level of service.
This role offers the right candidate that coveted mix of career development in an iconic brand and family life by offering fixed hours and a supportive environment. Based in Dunedin, your lifestyle and family needs are well catered for as the city has a strong reputation for safety, housing affordability and excellent schooling.
This position will ideally be full-time, although a part-time position could be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check.
For further information on the safety check process please visit: http://www.otago.ac.nz/administration/vulnerable-children/
Salary Level and Range: The University is offering a remuneration level commensurate with experience and the responsibilities of the position.
There is no formal closing date and applications will be considered individually on receipt. The University reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: www.otago.ac.nz/jobs
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.
Scope of practice