This full-time position is a unique opportunity to gain expertise and training in dento-maxillo-facial imaging here in New Zealand, as gaining expertise and teaching in these techniques and facilities are not offered anywhere else nationwide. Key tasks include:
• Gaining expertise and providing the full scope of dental and maxillofacial radiography imaging techniques.
• Advising clinicians on the appropriateness of various radiographic techniques so that patient management is optimised.
• Preparing processing chemicals and ensuring that all darkrooms and x-ray processors are fit for purpose.
Your Skills and Experience
• Be a qualified MRT registered with the NZ Medical Radiation Technologist’s Board (MRTB) or with the ability to have your experience and qualifications registered in New Zealand.
• Ideally have dental experience but this is not a prerequisite.
• Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
• Have strong people skills with the ability to teach and assist students and staff.
• Possess the ability to relate to patients and provide a high level of service.
• New Graduate MRTs will be considered for this position.
This role offers the right candidate that coveted mix of career development in an iconic brand and family life by offering fixed hours and a supportive environment. Based in Dunedin, your lifestyle and family needs are well catered for further as the city has a strong reputation for safety, housing affordability and excellent schooling.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check.
For further information on the safety check process please visit:
Link to apply:
Applications quoting reference number 1800446 will close on Sunday, 18 March 2018.
Scope of practice