Unit Charge MRT -Thames Hospital
Radiology Department - Thames Hospital
Fixed term until 23 September 2018
72 hours per fortnight
Job Number: WAI02728
We have a great opportunity for a registered MRT to join our team as the Unit Charge MRT at Thames Hospital Radiology. This role is responsible for the co-ordination and leadership of a small team of MRT’s and clerical staff. This position is fixed term to cover parental leave.
The Radiology Service at Thames consists of 2 General X-ray rooms, providing a variety of general imaging to the inpatient, outpatient and primary referred patients. 1 CT Room and 1 Ultrasound Room. The service also supports imaging in Theatre.
As the successful candidate you will:
• have a proven record of people management skills or prior experience in a similar role, which demonstrates competence.
• have a high level of technical skills
• utilise excellent communication skills
• perform with strong professional judgement
• utilise effective leadership skills.
• hold registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board
• hold a current practising certificate within the specific scope of practice required for the position.
The successful candidate will be required to participate on the rotating roster which includes weekend and on-call duties.
We offer you:
• support for professional development
• the opportunity to develop/extend your existing skills
• a supportive and enthusiastic team committed to delivering quality radiological care
• an exciting and varied role within a supportive work environment.
Essential attributes include self-motivation, initiative, integrity and enthusiasm.
Closing date: 26 July 2017
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
Scope of practice